Weekly Reflection #3

My final full week was a perfect week because I got to finish it off by going to the three different offices, Dr. Evelyn Bryan’s, Dr. Roland Bryan’s, and Rebekah Leone’s. I enjoyed this week because it was full of different types of procedures and situational actions. When I mean there was situational actions, for example, there was a time when Dr. Roland Bryan had put novocaine around the area and the tooth’s nerve itself, but for some reason she was still feeling it. Instead of having her go through the pain of extracting the tooth, he temporarily filled the open part of the tooth he filled and prescribed her an antibiotic to help the pain for when she comes in next. I thought it was interesting to see what Dr. Bryan did in the situation because it wasn’t something that was expected to happen. He handled it in a very good manner, and it made me see why people recommend him. He rather have the patient be in no pain, rather than in a little bit of pain.
Then when I worked with Rebekah, this week, I got to see more than patient evaluation. I got to witness wound care, and when watching I needed to look away a little because of how bad the wounds were, and I noticed they will never go away and all the nurses can do is care for them and hope they do not get any bigger, worse, or infected. Also, I got to see new people as well as the ones I saw last week, which I enjoyed because I get to get to know more from the old people but see new things with the new people.
Lastly, working with Evelyn this week was a blast, because my favorite part was I got to see the same procedure performed two different ways due to the patient’s teeth. Just to see both alternative procedures was interesting to see how Dr. Bryan performed both I am excited, but also sad that I only have two days left to observe, but both will be with Dr. Evelyn Bryan and I will make sure to get the most out of it that I can and learn as much as well.

Comments