Day 8; Wednesday 5/10

Today was a very slow and short day, because a lot of people cancelled and stuff but I got to see procedures for the time I was there. It is getting harder to write these because mostly everything goes the same each every other day. The first patient came in for a filling in her upper left tooth. Next the patient Dr. Bryan had was very self conscious about her teeth and perfected me not to observe her. That just meant I went with Mandy and watch a typical cleaning as the ones described yesterday. Next was a consult about a plan for a tooth that was concerning for Dr. Bryan and was deciding between a crown and root canal or remove and do an implant. They decided on an implant. At this time it was around 11:15 and the patient suppose to be there cancelled, so I first helped Rita, who works at the front desk, do paper work on the patients. Next Dr. Bryan's assaintant pulled up my last X-rays that they had from my cleaning, and went over wht each shading represented and told me how they read them. The use miseal which means towards the middle teeth to describe the side the cavity or other is on the tooth, and they use distill to discribe the other sides meaning towards the back of the tooth. Today with having a softball, I worked 8-12 for a total of 4 hours!

Comments